In light of COVID-19, many residential and small business customers are experiencing financial stress. This in addition to the governments increasing efforts to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we are seeing an increasing number of people choosing to stay or work from home. We understand the current unprecedented events have impacted income and working arrangements for many, this means that energy use and affordability will be affected over the coming months. We want to assure you we are here to help and provide as much assistance as possible.
As more customers stay at home due to social distancing requirements, self-isolation, reduced work hours or unemployment we can expect to see a rise in electricity consumption. We are offering our customers heightened flexibility regarding payment arrangements to assist in managing your electricity account through this time. Monitoring your usage and limiting the use of energy through energy reduction strategies will assist in keeping your costs down. Ways to reduce the burden of electricity costs during this trying time may include:
- Regular payments: Paying small amounts more frequently with one of our several payment methods will help you stay on top of your energy bills
- Payment plans: You can liaise with one of our friendly staff to enter into a manageable payment plan to help you smooth out the cost of your utilities over time.
- Hardship program: If you have been impacted by COVID-19 and your circumstances have made it difficult for you to pay your energy bill, we can tailor a hardship program just for you
- eBilling: In anticipation of increased pressure on Australia Post, it’s a good time to sign up and receive your bills via email.
If you are moving in or moving out of an embedded network that we manage, you may use our online forms to help you quickly establish an account with RMS Energy or finalise your current account *All new accounts require identification.
Need to make a payment? if you need to pay your bill but have to stay home:
- Online; Visit www.stratapay.com.au
- Over the phone; 1300 552 311
- BPay options are detailed on your invoice.
- HEEAS Grant: You may be eligible for a once-off assistance payment of up to $720.00, please contact us to obtain the relevant form
- $200.00 Government rebate, this will be applied as a once-off rebate for all invoices issued post 30 April 2020.
- Are you a Centrelink recipient? You may be entitled to receive a pensioner rebate on your next invoice, ask us how.
Reach out to our friendly staff, we are here to help.